Adrianne Haslet-Davis dances again for the first time since the Boston terrorist attack last year.
When the bombs went off at the Boston Marathon finish line, Adrianne Haslet-Davis lost the lower half of her left leg in the explosion. She’s a ballroom dance teacher, and she assumed she would never dance again. With most prosthetics, she wouldn’t.
But Hugh Herr, of the MIT Media Lab, wanted to find a way to help her. He created a bionic limb specifically for dancers, studying the way they move and adapting the limb to fit their motion. (He explains how he did it here.)
At TED2014, Adrianne danced for the first time since the attack, wearing the bionic limb that Hugh created for her.
Hugh says, “It was 3.5 seconds between the bomb blasts in the Boston terrorist attack. In 3.5 seconds, the criminals and coward took Adrianne off the dance floor. In 200 days, we put her back. We will not be intimidated, brought down, diminished, conquered or stopped by acts of violence.”
Amen to that, Hugh.
Citizen, LIGHT is TIME (2014)
"Renowned Japanese watch manufacturer CITIZEN recently unveiled a stunning installation called LIGHT is TIME at Milan Design Week. Displayed in the Triennale di Milano exhibition hall, the spectacular installation consists of 80,000 main plates (the structural bases of watches) suspended from 4,200 metal threads hooked to the ceiling. The result is a truly one-of-a-kind experience for viewers, who are enveloped in a cloud of refracting light, time frozen around them like thousands of golden rain drops." - Jenny Zhang
I don’t even remember where I found this gif, but it’s fucking hilarious
Hello, lovely people! I have been on Tumblr for almost 3 years now and I think it’s time to finally host a giveaway for my followers. I’ve been wanting to do this for sooo long but I actually have money to do one now haha.
- Since this is a giveaway for my followers, you must be following me. (I’ll check)
- Please make sure you’re comfortable with sharing your address.
- No giveaway blogs.
- You can reblog as many times as you want + likes count!
- Don’t erase the text.
- If the winner doesn’t respond within 24 hours, I will choose a new winner.
- Giveaway will end on May 24.
- I will use the random generator to choose the winners.
- I will ship internationally.
- $50 at Sheinside.
- Choose one album between BTS’s Skool Luv Affair, Block B’s Jackpot, or EXO-K or EXO-M’s Overdose.
- One clothing item at munkypop.
- Choose one album between what’s left over after first place.
- Gets the left over album that hasn’t been chosen.
I probably will end up throwing in letters for each winner plus more albums that I have myself that I don’t really touch (B2ST’s Fiction&Fact, Block B’s 2nd mini album, Jay Park’s Take A Deeper Look, etc). If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. GOOD LUCK!! :-)